Opticolor Inc. Our Process
OptiColor specializes in compounding custom colored concentrates and pre-colored material for critical applications formulated in transparent, translucent, and opaques. We can include any special additive in your custom color formulation, including stabilizers, fillers, processing aids, phosphorescent, glitter, and others.
Concentrate processes (Small)Pellets are pre-colored but in concentrated form. We will determine the best let-down ratio to produce the target color if not specified. Our extensive experience in working with injection molders and extruders will help us guide you if pre-color or concentrate is best for your application.
Excellent for hard to color resins. Inconsistencies that can occur during the let-down stage when using concentrates can be eliminated by using a ready-to-use pre-color.
For toll compounding, we will produce a pre-color or concentrate using our customer’s base resin, colorants, or any special additives provided to us.
Using both single and twin screw extruders, we are able to produce extremely high quality color compounded material that provides maximum distributive and dispersive attributes.
- Any custom color available in Transparent / Translucent / Opaque
- Specializing in engineered resins
- Optical grade PC formulated in dedicated clean room
- OptiFrost™ acrylic materials formulated for LED lighting
- High quality PC and nylon for the eyewear lens and frame industry
- White/Black specialties
- Edge-Bright transparents
- Pearlescent colors
- OptiGem™ glitter effects
- Frost colors
- Fluorescent colors
- Glow Phosphorescent colors
- FDA-approved colors
- UV absorbers
- Flame retardant (FR) materials